Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another Capitol



After our visit to the State Museum, we stopped by the capitol building so I could take a digital photo. They're about 2 blocks apart on Carson St. John and I toured the capitol in 1998 and the Quastlers bought me a Christmas ornament on their recent trip so we didn’t go inside. (Although they found the ornament in the train museum, not the capitol.) It was difficult to get a good photo with all the trees in full leaf. The capitol sits in the middle of about 2 city blocks in the middle of downtown, but you can only see the sliver of the front door up to the dome. And the silver of the dome washes out against the sky. As I recall, this is the only one with a silver dome. Most common is gold which photographs much better.

No comments: