Tuesday, June 15, 2010

On the Road Again!!


And we’re off – finally. My tumble on our hardwood floor last Tuesday delayed the trip by a few days. I’m still black and blue (and green and red), but good to go.

We pulled out of our storage space at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot mid-morning. Even thought it seems like I’ve been getting ready for this 3-month jaunt for a very long time, and even though I got u at 5 a.m., by the time I got the refrigerator stuff packed, computer packed, threw in one more pair of shoes (you can never have too many pairs of shoes!), sheets changed on our bed for the comfort of our summer guests; Maggie’s cat box cleaned out and stored on the balcony, etc. it was mid-morning. Today is a 400 mile day, straight up I-5. We have reservations at Santa Nella RV Park.

Santa Nella is one of those off-ramp commercial areas that have developed along I-5. Truck stops, gas stations, fast food, motels, and a surprisingly nice RV park. From the signage, it’s been here many years, but the sites are all concrete with trees between the sites. Very nice for $24 a night. We didn’t bother to unhook the car or connect the sewer.

No comments: