My appointment with the orthopedist in Silver Spring was at 8:45 a.m. John is still feeling lousy and I offered to take my boot off and drive myself, but he mustered enough gumption to take me. We left home at 8:15 and were about five minutes late. Traffic on the I-495 wasn’t too bad. They x-rayed my foot and pronounced it “healing well.” I can wear an ankle high shoe with Velcro fasteners and a non-flexing sole. I let them throw the knee high boot away for me. Now I can drive. The doctor said to let pain be my guide in terms of activity. If it hurts, don’t do it. By Labor Day this should all be a dream.
When we got home John went back to bed. He’s still running a fever and we keep talking about going to a doctor. I went to Neva and Phil Powers for lunch by myself. Neva is a Rauch by birth and cousin to my two sons. Her mother was a wonderful friend to me forty years ago. Neva and her family live in Beltsville, Maryland which is about five minutes from Cherry Hill RV Park. Her husband us a Baptist minister and has served a congregation here for five years. She’s on the journal distribution list so we keep in touch, but I haven’t seen her since we were in Maryland in 2001.
She fixed a wonderful lunch and the three of us had a great visit and got caught up on family activities. We missed John.
When I got back to Toby, I did the laundry. They have a very nice, large laundry room which is important when you have 300 campsites. It is fairly close to the pool and many people were lounging around the pool while they waited for the laundry. I was one of the few people in the laundry that was not in a swimsuit. There are several group tent camping areas at Cherry Hill and you see groups of foreign teen-agers that are touring the U.S. in a large van with all their camping gear lashed on top. I heard French, German and Italian in the laundry room.
No comments:
Post a Comment