Monday, July 11, 2005

Washington Crossed the Delaware



Our tour guides headed northwest from Trenton along the Delaware River. We stopped at the Washington Crossing State Park. The Museum was closed on Monday but I took a picture of the Johnson Ferry House. This is the place where Washington crossed the Delaware before the battle of Trenton. We crossed the Delaware River at Lambertville and had a late lunch on the other side of River in New Hope, Pennstylvania at The Landing. It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed the balmy air.

At an ice cream shop down the street we saw a tapestry of the Washington Crossing the Delaware painting everyone is familiar with. We had a good time coming up with possible captions for the picture. “No, George, I’m sure Florida is the other direction.” “I’m not getting out of this boat until someone finds my dollar.” “Can’t this wait until July?” Etc.

No comments: