Thursday, August 09, 2007

It's Raining - Tornado and Flash Flood Warnings

It started raining about 4:00 a.m. and there was some great thunder and lightning for a few hours. I went outside to read a book about 10 a.m. and it was very pleasant. Overcast and cool. Then about 3 p.m. it started raining again. It doesn't seem like too much rain, but the radio is issuing tornado and flash flood warnings. Hmmm. I feel so sorry for people at the fair. They're not having a good week. I wonder if this happens very often during fair time.

John walked up to the ranger's station in one of the lulls and called me to ask if I wanted to adopt a puppy. I said "no."

As we ate dinner, we watched the lake forming between the rows of motorhomes, but it's quit raining and supposed to be sunny tomorrow, so guess we escaped anything dire.

No comments: