
On our way to Mallory Square, we drove by the buoy marking the Southernmost Point in the U.S. and there was not a crowd waiting to have their pictures taken so we parked (amazing) and offered to take a photo of a couple if they would take ours. Two interesting notes: 1) if you read the Wikipedia article I linked to above, this really is not the southernmost point in the continental U.S. since Key West is an Island, and it really is not the southernmost point on the island, however, here the buoy sits and almost every tourist who comes to Key West has their picture taken here; 2) You will note the figures in the photo with us. They are evidently recently added because I read some letters to the editor in a local paper debating their addition to this spot. I think they're charming.
No comments:
Post a Comment