Friday, October 14, 2005

John has a Biopsy

John, Jacque and I went together this morning. Jacque went to work and then John and I drove on to Delnor Hospital for his biopsy. It’s a needle biopsy, but a needle the size of a large nail that was hammered into his bone to get tissue they need. John turned white when the doctor (an interventionist radiologist) described it, but the nurse assured him that she wouldn’t let him feel a thing. “Conscious sedation” is the term she used. I was sitting outside the room and could hear the pounding. Now we wait for results. Next week.

John has talked to our friend, Pat Wilbur, in Arcadia and he has agreed to fly back and drive Toby and the car back to California if we need to fly home. John really wants to have any major treatment done there, not here. Weather is a factor, but so is familiar territory

No comments: